Yesterday afternoon (I'm almost caught up on our blog!), we went for a wa
lk down town. Micah ate a pizza from a bakery pretty much all by himself. BreAnne and I got "fish n' chips" at a place called BigPommes (Pommes is almost universally European for french fries). The name says it all. For 3 Euros, we got a big paper cone of Pommes with some fish on top. Neither one of us could ea
t all of the Pommes. They even smothered them in ketchup and mayo at no extra charge, and that is quite the deal in Germany. Usually you get charged for asking for more than the allotted one napkin per customer. After our visit to BigPommes, we went to a playground just down the street from our future place of residence. It was great, nobody there was a native German speaker. I've never se
en so many young families in one place in Germany.
After the playground, we went back to our train stop. On the way back, there was a guy throwing a flaming stick around. Just for Micah (he said), he would do an extra trick, which was putting the fire out in his mouth. I love it here. It's a very diverse city. There are Germans, Turks, Italians, Spaniards, Americans, and Asians all over the place. They're not just tourists, either. A lot of the population is students and military personnel.
1 comment:
I am happy to see that your son is wearing the futbol uniform we purchased when we were in Europe. We miss you. I am glad that you are keeping your blog updated.
Love the WT Wakefield family.
Post a Comment