
With Lübeck behind us, and Heidelberg before us, we spent a Saturday enjoying what our home-for-a-month had to offer. We took the bus up to Strande, a small, seaside village where a fair was going on. Micah had fun petting the goats, although he wasn't quite brave enough to let any of them eat out of his hand. After we'd had enough of the goats, we set out to find something to eat. We found a stand with Haribo (R) instead, so we bought Schlümpfe (Smurfs) and some other sorry excuses for s

ustenance and went on our way. We ran into a carousel of sorts that had cars. Given Micah's obsession with sitting in toy cars of almost any sort, we were naturally obliged to let him have a ride. It's funny how seriously he takes it. I don't think he noticed that we were waving at him until the 13th or 14th time around, because he was too focused on the road, which is understandable in that kind of traffic. He didn't want to get out, but he gave in and we walked a few minutes to Schilksee, a beach resort town right by Strande. We bought M

icah a little bucket and shovel and went to play when suddenly BreAnne spotted a lady dancing topless with her kids (approx. 12 and 10 yrs old). Now, since BreAnne warned me, I was spared having to gaze upon her glory, but I understand she was really something. We migrated south along the water and found another nice spot to play without the marred view.

We finally got a Fischbrötchen. BreAnne got a fish pattie of some sort that ended up not being very good (but was about the only cooked fish available) and I got a Matjes fillet. Raw fish is good. It's kind of weird, since it's cold, but it's usually pickled or otherwise seasoned and tastes good.
Before we left, Micah threw some rocks at the seagulls, told them to shut up (he really does this), then started looking for a rock for Oma. Then we walked around and took pictures. Before I came here, I don't think a bunch of docked sailboats would have been the first thing that came to mind when I thought of pretty things, but just look at it!


No comments:
Post a Comment