Sunday, August 19, 2007

Music, Church, and Road Rash

Micah has developed a near-obsessive love for music. He plays my harmonica as loud and long as he can. He's hilarious to watch; he moves his hands, fingers, and head while he's playing like he's imitating Bob Dylan or something. I don't know where he gets it, but he has fun. If I start playing the guitar to accompany him, he says, "No, Papa, zu laut," (too loud) so I have to stop and just let him entertain us until he's finished.


We went to church for the first time in Heidelberg today and loved it. We have honestly never been welcomed so warmly into any ward, ever. It was amazing. There are a couple of Americans in the ward, and a guy from England, and they're all great. Micah went to nursery and was just fine. As soon as he came and found us afterward he told us how he got to eat in nursery. We're looking forward to our year here. It'll be nice once we get in our new apartment. It'll be downtown. I'll post more about our drama with the current living arrangements some other time.





On the way to the train stop after church, Micah was running along, racing us as usual, when he tripped and tried to stop his fall, but succeeded only in landing on his left arm and slamming his left temple and forehead into a nice bit of asphalt. It sounded like thumping a cantaloupe. He cried, bled a little, then fell asleep in BreAnne's arms. We got pictures just in case something so amusingly unfortunate doesn't happen again for a while. The flash on the camera sort of washes out the color, but you can still see his road rash, especially if you click on the photos to enlarge them.

Oh yeah, if you pull up our blog and the polls are unavailable, just click refresh and they should come up. You should submit your vote. If you don't, there'll be a new poll topic someday and you'll kick yourself for not voting on this (especially relevant and important) one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Mikah, my kids are always getting scraped up and I feel like I have to tell everyone, No I don't abuse them! Kids will be kids, especially boys, I don't think Ryan is ever bruise free.

Anonymous said...

Tell Mikah Emmy loves him!