Monday, March 14, 2011

Tired

Patrick is asleep.  I am tired.  Patrick has looked very tired these days.  He started GYN-ONC last Monday and really likes it.  He got to scrub in for a 12 hour surgery and enjoyed it. I wonder if I will ever know which specialty he is going to pick.  We thought we knew.  He starts L&D next Wednesday and is very much looking forward to that.  He does have quiet a thing for babies.  He gets this look whenever he is holding a freshie.  He loves those freshies.  Micah has had from Thursday - Sunday.  He missed school on Thursday and then I sent him Friday, but he came home looking pretty rough and had a high temperature.  He now has a little cough but no fever, so he is headed back to school tomorrow.  He is a good kid.  I love him.  We are going to be in Chicago the end of July.  Patrick ill be taking his Step 2.  It is an 8 hour test.  We are planning on going up the day before and hanging out and seeing the sites and then get a hotel.  During the test the kids and I can swim or play around in Chicago.  Sounds fun.  Can't wait.  My birthday weekend was simply wonderful.  Patrick got us a lovely hotel and dinner reservations to a lovely restaurant and I got to spend money on fun stuff.  I got a torch from Sur Le Table, now I am ready to make up some creme brulee.  Yum.  After we left our hotel on our own time and after sleeping and not having to take care of our three little boys, Emmy and I took off on another adventure.  We got to tour Kentuck Knob and Falling Water.  I was so excited to be there.  You enter the houses with such a great feeling.  It was one of the coolest things that I have been able to do.  Now I just want to go see more and more of his houses and buildings.  I will post pictures at a later time.  It is too late and I am too tired.

No comments: