Saturday, November 08, 2008

It Has Been Too Long

 I don't know where to begin because it really is fairly boring. Patrick finished anatomy and started ISP (refer to Patrick's blog for an explanation) November 27th. That was a wonderful day. No more being gone all day long. Now he is home every day by 5:30. It is so nice being able to eat dinner with him and hang out before the boys go to bed. Patrick loves school and has even met a little friend. Said friend's name is Dave. Dave is also doing ISP. Dave has a cool wife, Megan and a cute little boy, Harry. We have had some fun together the past few weeks. It is nice having people to talk with that are in the same place we are.  
 Halloween came and went. We were at the Muhlestein's hanging out and eating all sorts of good food. Crystal, Jordan, and Clara (Dave's brother, sister-in-law, and niece) were also there. Crystal made this really good pumpkin roll. I couldn't stop eating it. Micah and Asher looked adorable in their little puppy costumes. We took them trick-or-treating for a little while. They got quite the load for only going on one street. Every house we went to Micah never forgot to say thank you. What a polite little man. They were quite a hit at all of the houses. I am pretty sure that every one gave them extra candy because, and I quote, "They are so cute". We got to carve pumpkins too (courtesy of Dave and Megan). I have never carved a pumpkin before. Pathetic, I know. I enjoyed the experience immensely. What is also pathetic and well, quite sad is our children have also never carved pumpkins. Why might you ask? I have no idea, this year we kept telling Micah we were going to buy one and carve it or "kill it" like he says (he learned this from "The Great Pumpkin"). For some reason or another we never got around to it. Good thing our friends pulled through for us, thanks guys. Micah took over the job of passing out candy. He was a little slow for the older kids rushing from house to house, but he did a great job and had a lot of fun.   
 Asher took his first step October 28th. Oooohhhhh, that is what I said. It was that cute. He was proud of himself. He is sick of bottles and fights us to take them anymore. Something I am happy about. As I was trying to feed him the other night and I was becoming more and more annoyed at his protests, I realized that he is almost one year old and it wouldn't be the end of the world if he started on whole milk a few weeks early. I am giving it until he finishes off his last can of formula which we opened today.  
 Micah has been drawing a lot of cool pictures lately. He drew his first person a couple of months ago and then this week I found his first drawing of an airplane. I cried. I love finding all of the pictures he draws at the end of the day.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog. Hooray! I love your Halloween pictures - I still need to post mine! I love Mikah's pictures. You can tell him the one he drew for us is on our fridge.