Monday, September 22, 2008

Time Flies

My mom saved us and flew in last Saturday. It was fun having her here. We didn't tell the boys Oma was coming. On the drive to pick her up Micah fell asleep. She woke him whispering in his ear. It was so funny. He must have thought that he was dreaming. He was confused and oh so happy to see Oma. They both chatted her ear off the whole time she was here. 
My surgery went well on Tuesday. It was so nice not worrying about finding a babysitter to watch the boys at the butt crack of dawn (I had to be to the hospital at 6:15 am). I was home at around 2 that same day. She took good care of us. She cooked, cleaned, and entertained the boys the whole time she was here. Asher got really attached to her and would cry when she would leave the room.

1 comment:

Emmy Bludorn said...

Neither Asher nor your mom looks too excited about having their picture taken in that first picture. I love Mikah's expression in the picture where he is getting his toenails painted. They are going to miss Oma but it won't be too long before they see her again, I guess.