While in Germany I had the treat of going to a german er with the same problem. After waiting hours or so and me almost dying, I was seen by a doctor and he gave me 3 prescriptions. He said that they should really help me. Who was he kidding? I found out after I filled them, days later, of course, that one was for acid reflux, one was for "pain" (it was some crap liquid homeopathic placebo, which never worked), and one was an anti-inflammatory. He said that it "could be gallstones". He sent me home, still in pain. I couldn't get any of the prescriptions filled because it was so late.
I was so relieved when my latest attack happened because I knew that instead of taking a taxi to the er, my husband could drive us. The service was great. They got me in, took my vitals, got my history, and then not too long later I saw the doctor and he got the nurse to start my i.v. shortly after and they pumped me full of pain medication and anti-nausea medication, and then I was off to ultrasound. He then informed me that I indeed had many gallstones and I need to get my gallbladder removed. He referred me to a surgeon, and gave me a prescription for pain (smart guy).
1 comment:
I'm glad you're not dying. And that you can get this nonsense behind you finally.
Post a Comment