Sunday, March 02, 2008

Webcam, Movies, and other Updates

I've been in the "lecture-free" period of the semester since February 9th. This means that I'm supposed to be working on a 15 page paper about Weimar Classicism and preparing for two oral exams for Electronics and Nuclear & Particle Physics. Instead of diligently preparing for those things, BreAnne and I have been watching movies religiously (2 per night, e-mail for details on obtaining budget-oriented cinema) and using our computer to keep in touch with those of you with a microphone and/or webcam.
We just got a webcam yesterday and it's been nice seeing family and having them see us. I wish we would have gotten one a while ago.
You've probably noticed the updated medical school list to the left. I withdrew my application from Georgetown, where I was invited to interview. I was excited to interview there, but since I was admitted to Ohio State (that being the preferred school between the two), I didn't bother getting a ticket to fly back for another interview. I have also been officially placed on UT Southwestern's alternate list, which means that if someone currently holding an acceptance offer decides to attend another school or otherwise decides not to attend UT, then I'm somewhere "in line" for an acceptance offer. I have also been officially rejected to the following schools since the beginning of the application process: Pritzker (U of Chicago), Mayo, U of Michigan, Northwestern, Washington University, and Brown.
We've been looking at housing in Columbus, and we're excited to move there. We're also hereby offering one willing patron a free round-trip flight to Columbus to personally hunt and view potential homes and apartments. We're really serious. We have frequent flyer miles for you. Let us know if you have some time and interest in seeing the 15th largest city in the US. We'll even throw in a free dinner.
The boys are getting bigger and more annoying every day. We love those little guys. Here are some pictures of them:



Micah suffering in time out.

Yes, he is quite the man.

No comments: