Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Berlin: arm, aber sexy!



Day 1:

On second Christmas Day (the 26th), we headed to Berlin. We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and found a little hole-in-the-wall pizza place. It was some of the best pizza I (we) have ever had. I loved it. From there we went to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, which was left in ruins after WWII. They had a Weihnachtsmarkt there, too, so we looked around at what they had to offer and then met up with Ashlie at Dunkin' Donuts (BreAnne's favorite place in Germany, I think we went 3 times in all during our stay in Berlin). Ashlie immediately became Micah's best friend, and he didn't want anyone else when she was around. After chatting with her and her companion, Sister Ellsworth (yes, we're related... 4th cousins, as far as I can tell), we went and saw the Reichstag (Parlaiment building, we didn't go in because the line is always insanely long) and Brandenburg gate. While posing for a picture, Gayle almost took out 3 or 4 other people spreading her arms out wide in front of the gate (see picture above). When we got back to the hotel, Micah and Oma crashed and BreAnne and I sat watching the BBC, mesmerized at the novelty of broadcast television (at that point our computer had been broken for 2 weeks or so and we hadn't even watched a movie for longer than that). It's weird how addicting TV is when you don't have one and you haven't watched it for 6 months.

No comments: