So, one of the many adventures we have had living in Germany has been living with out a car. It definitely has it's benefits. One being I have only gained about 15 pounds this pregnancy, verses the many (I maxed out at 199) I gained with Mikah. One can only feel my pain and understand my insecurities when they picture Patsy, the small, but, oh so wonderful man I married. At any rate, we walk everywhere. We found ourselves at the ER/maternity ward last Sunday night. I was bleeding a little and had some pain. At about 10 pm we woke Mikah up and threw him in his stroller and walked to the hospital. It was weird not being able to just jump in the car and head to the hospital with such a problem. All though everything with me and the baby are fine, it turned out to be a learning experience. Firt off, the doctor was probably younger than me, and was a nice looking guy. Understand, I don't typically check out the fresh meat at the hospitals, but, when you realize that some young guy is going to be exploring such an area, I would prefer he be old, and ugly. At any rate, he asked the regular questions and then told me he was going to make sure everything was okay. So, I sat there, and then we both waited, smiling uncomfortably at each other and he finally said that I should take my pants off. Keep in mind, Mikah is running around with a huge "birthing ball" and Patrick is trying to keep him in the room. I was a little confused because he continued to sit there and look at me. I took the hint, and stood up and followed the orders. I quickly sat back on the chair. He was kind enough to comment on how things were probably done a little different at home, and handed me a napkin that I was to use as, I guess a loin cloth. Then, I felt myself being elevated really high into the air. So, there I was in all of my pregnant glory, hovering 5 feet in the air. I will spare further details.
To give a brief update, I will be 34 weeks tomorrow. I am going to be induced the end of November. Mikah is doing great. Patrick started school last Monday and has been adjusting to learning fun new German vocabulary from his Physics classes. He flies to Texas on November 8th for his UT interview! I finally got a hair cut and that is about all the news we have for you.
2 comments:
Did he stare as you were undressing?? That would have been really uncomfortable. I am glad that things are going well. Hey are you getting the emails that Wells has been sending? We have not heard back from you guys.
I'm really trying not to picture you being hoisted into the air in all your glory.
Post a Comment